Welcome to C Color! C Color is your personal color consultant. C Color’s proprietary C Color Quiz identifies your C Color Spectrum based on your innate color preferences. The C Color App assists you in choosing the colors that are optimal for you, for all aspects of your life.
Information Collected by C Color
1. Collection of Information
We collect information from you directly and automatically when you use our site or our app (collectively, “Site”).
In general, we collect information as follows:
- Account and Profile Information: When you create an account on the C Color Platform, we collect your full name, email address, IP address, answers to our color quiz, including in some cases occupation information you provide as well as self-created User ID/Login credentials and your C Color Spectrum. You also will be asked to create a profile on the Site. If you do, any profile information you provide may be collected by C Color.
- Camera and Photos: Many of our services require us to access images and other information from your device’s camera and photos. We collect and use these images in two different ways. For “personal color consultations,” users submit images for our review (e.g. to confirm a user’s C Color Spectrum results), and the images are stored in the Amazon S3 cloud. A C Color Expert will verify your C Color Spectrum shortly after such submission. Images are deleted shortly after our review is complete. For “color matches,” the image is processed on the user’s own device and is never transmitted to our servers. The user’s device examines the image for color data and transmits that data to our servers.
- Transactional Information: If you purchase products and/or services within the Site, we collect certain information in order to process your request, such as your phone number, address, email, and credit card or bank account information.
- Site Activity and Automatically Collected Information: We may store information about your use of the Site, such as browser type, type of computer or mobile device, browser language, IP address, mobile carrier, unique device identifier, location, and requested and referring URLs. We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you. We do this to improve services we offer you, to improve marketing, analytics, and/or site functionality. Our use of analytics includes using Google Analytics, as well as working with some other third party vendors that provide analytics services.
- Linked Networks and Contacts: If you elect to connect your C Color profile to a social network or online platform like Facebook or Google, you will be asked to enable sharing of your contacts with C Color.
2. Use of Information
As a general matter, we use your personal information that we have collected to render the products or services we have agreed to provide to you as well as to:
- Develop, operate, improve, deliver, maintain, and protect our products and services
- Send you communications, including by email. For example, we may use email to respond to support inquiries or to share information about our products, services, and promotional offers that we think may interest you
- Provide feedback to businesses and professionals interested in consumer color preferences
- Provide customer service; improve our products and services: conduct quality control and spam
- Monitor and analyze trends and usage
- Aggregate color preference information for academic and/or commercial color research
- Personalize the services by, among other things, customizing the content we show you, including ads
- Improve ad targeting and measurement
- Enhance the safety and security of our products and services
- Verify your identity and prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity
- Use information we’ve collected from cookies and other technology to enhance the services and your experience with them
- In addition, we use the information we collect to better understand how users access and use our Site and services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Site and services, respond to user desires and preferences, develop additional products and services, and for other research and analytical purposes.
3. Sharing Your Information
We do not rent or sell your personal contact information (such as your name and/or email address) to third parties.
C Color may share with third parties, advertisers, and/or business partners anonymized, non-personally identifiable, or aggregated data we receive or collect, such as de-identified demographic information, de-identified location information, information about the computer or device from which you access the Service, or information about color preferences. We share such information for a variety of reasons, such as to analyze service usage, improve the C Color experience, improve the serving of advertisements, or for other similar purposes. The use and disclosure of such anonymized, non-personally identifiable, or aggregated information is not subject to any restrictions under this policy.
Our information sharing with third parties generally falls into these categories and purposes:
- Agents, Contractors, and Service Providers: We may share your information with our agents, e-commerce partners, and contractors or other service providers as needed to carry out the performance and functionality of the Site, fulfill your requests or authorized commercial transactions, process your payments, or provide customer support. Please note that downstream providers may retain their own backup copies of certain information about you that we share with them.
- Analytics and Usage. We may share user information in de-identified or aggregate form, with third parties, such as advertisers, professionals, and other businesses.
- Affiliated Entities. We may share information from or about you with subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control.
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another entity, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected about you to the other company. We may also disclose certain personal information to a company as part of the planning or review for a potential merger, acquisition or transfer of assets.
- We may investigate and disclose information from or about you, as permitted by applicable law, if we believe that such investigation or disclosure is (a) necessary to comply with legal process and law enforcement instructions and orders, such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, judicial proceeding, or other legal process served on us, (b) helpful to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with the Site; or (c) helpful to protect our rights, reputation, property or that of our users, subsidiaries, or the public.
4. C Color Communications
When you join the C Color Platform by signing up for an account or creating a profile, as part of the service you will receive C Color communications about the offerings and features on the Site. As permitted by law, you are also opting to receive other emails from us that may be of interest to you as a member of the C Color community. If you opt out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you transactional e-mails about your account or any services you have requested or received from us.
5. Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Do Not Track
When you are accessing our website (as opposed to our mobile application), if you would like to opt out of tracking —which can help you control targeted advertising by third parties that track your activities across different sites—you may be able to disable certain Cookies through your device or browser settings. The method for disabling cookies may vary by device and browser, but can usually be found in preferences or security settings. If you are not comfortable with the above uses of Cookies, please do not use this Site.
Please note we do not change system behavior within our website in response to browser requests not to be tracked. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies or opting out of ad networks).
6. Third Party Advertising
As noted, we work with third parties such as network advertisers to serve advertisements on third-party websites or other media. We also may work with third parties to display ads on our Site.
You can also opt out of receiving behaviorally-targeted ads from many companies via the consumer choice tools created under self-regulation programs in many countries, such as the US-based abotads.info choices page or the EU-based http://www.youronlinechoices.com.
Opting out from one or more companies listed on the respective opt-out pages noted above, will opt you out from those companies’ delivery of interest-based content or ads to you based upon your activities on multiple websites, but it does not mean you will no longer receive any advertising through our Site or on other websites. You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing (i.e., contextually based ads). Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies, or you subsequently delete your cookies, your opt out may not be effective. Additional information is available on the websites listed above.
7. Right to Access, Correct and Delete Your Personal Information.
Should you ever wish to access, correct, or have us disclose or delete any of the personal information about you we have stored, please send a request to us to that effect using the contact information listed below. If you are a registered C Color user, you will be able to view and correct your account information yourself.
You also have the right of data portability, which means that you can request that we provide you (or a third party you designate) with a transferable copy of personal information that you have provided to us. Your rights may be subject to various limitations under various laws.
With respect to a request to terminate your account, once we receive your request we will review and process it. You will then receive an email from us containing instructions to confirm the cancellation of your account. Once you confirm the cancellation of your account, we will process your request and your account information will be deleted from our system.
8. Retention Period for Personal Information.
We store your full name and email address for as long as you have an account with us. We delete any photos you submit as part of setting up your account shortly after we have reviewed them.
The Site is intended for general audiences and is not directed to children under the age of 13 years old. We do not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from children under the age of 13 years old. If you believe that we might have any personal information from or about anyone under the age of 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will take steps to remove such information and, if applicable, terminate the child’s account.
We have implemented security safeguards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and storage. However, no method of transmission over the internet or via mobile device, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure – so we cannot guarantee its absolute security. You should take certain steps to protect your account and personal information as well, such as by choosing a strong password and keeping such password private, and logging out of your account when you are finished using it.
11. International Transfers of Personal information.
While C Color is headquartered in the United States, it may partner with affiliates abroad. This means that we may collect your personal information from, transfer it to, and store and process it in the United States and other countries outside of where you live. Data protection laws differ among jurisdictions; and the United States and these other jurisdictions may not provide the same level of protection for personal information as your jurisdiction of residence. You understand that your information may be stored in or accessed from the United States and these other jurisdictions. You understand that law enforcement agencies in the United States and these other jurisdictions may access and use your information for the purposes of investigation and law enforcement. By using our Site, you consent to the transfer and use of your information to the U.S. and other jurisdictions, as set forth in this paragraph.
12. Links to Other Sites.
14. Your California Consumer Privacy Act Disclosures.
If you are a consumer, the CCPA gives you the right to request disclosures from us related to our data collection practices as follows:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which we collected the personal information.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information. Please note, however, we do not sell any personal information about you or other users of our platform.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
If you are a consumer, the CCPA gives you the right to request disclosures from us related to our sale (as noted above, we do not sell personal information) or disclosure (for a business purpose) or your personal information as follows:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you.
- The categories of personal information we have sold and the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold, by category or categories of personal information for each third party to whom the personal information was sold.
- The categories of your personal information we have disclosed for a business purpose.
If you would like to receive any of the disclosures listed above, you may submit a verifiable request by (1) calling our toll-free telephone number (833) 226-5674, (2) visiting our Web site https://ccolor.com, or sending us an email at email@example.com.
The CCPA also protects consumers from discrimination as retaliation for exercising any of their rights, including by:
- Denying goods or services to the consumer
- Charging different prices or rates for goods or services (including through discounts and penalties)
- Providing a different level of quality of goods or services to the consumer
- Suggesting that the consumer will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services
The categories of personal information we have collected about consumers in the last 12 months are as follows:
- First and last name
- Email address
- Photographs submitted by users of the C Color Platform.
We have not sold consumers’ personal information in the last 12 months. We have, however, disclosed personal information about consumers for a business purpose in the last 12 months:
- First and last name
- Email address
- Photographs submitted by users of the C Color Platform
15. Contact Us
Address: 120 Tustin Avenue, Suite C 226, Newport Beach 92663
Telephone: (833) 226-5674
Last Updated March 13, 2019