Welcome to C Color! C Color is your personal color consultant. C Color’s proprietary C Color Quiz identifies your C Color Spectrum based on your innate color preferences. The C Color App assists you in choosing the colors that are optimal for you, for all aspects of your life.
Information Collected by C Color:
1. Collection of Information.
We collect information from you directly and automatically when you use our Site.
In general, we collect information as follows:
- Account and Profile Information: When you create an account on the C Color Platform, we collect your name, contact information, and other information you provide. You also will be asked to create a profile on the Site. If you do, any profile information you provide may be collected by C Color.
- Camera and Photos: Many of our services require us to access images and other information from your device’s camera and photos.
- Transactional Information: If you purchase products and/or services within the Site, we collect certain information in order to process your request, such as your phone number, address, email, and credit card or bank account information.
- Site Activity and Automatically Collected Information: We collect and may store information about your use of the Site (including our mobile applications), such browser type, type of computer or mobile device, browser language, IP address, mobile carrier, unique device identifier, location, and requested and referring URLs . We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you. We do this to improve services we offer you, to improve marketing, analytics, and/or site functionality.
- Linked Networks and Contacts: If you elect to connect your C Color profile to a social network or online platform like Facebook or Google, you will be asked to enable sharing of your contacts with C Color. If you agree to this sharing, in order to facilitate a more connected experience,
2. Use of Information.
- Develop, operate, improve, deliver, maintain, and protect our products and services
- Send you communications, including by email. For example, we may use email to respond to support inquiries or to share information about our products, services, and promotional offers that we think may interest you
- Provide feedback to businesses and professionals interested in consumer color preferences
- Provide customer service; improve our products and services; conduct quality control and spam
- Monitor and analyze trends and usage
- Aggregate color preference information for academic and/or commercial color research
- Personalize the services by, among other things, customizing the content we show you, including ads
- Improve ad targeting and measurement
- Enhance the safety and security of our products and services
- Verify your identity and prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity
- Use information we’ve collected from cookies and other technology to enhance the services and your experience with them
In addition, we use the information we collect to better understand how users access and use our Site and services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Site and services, respond to user desires and preferences, develop additional products and services, and for other research and analytical purposes.
3. Sharing Your Information
We do not rent or sell your personal contact information (such as your name and/or email address) to third-parties.
C Color may share with third parties, advertisers, and/or business partners anonymized, non-personally identifiable, or aggregated data we receive or collect, such as de-identified demographic information, de-identified location information, information about the computer or device from which you access the Service, or information about color preferences. We share such information for a variety of reasons, such as to analyze service usage, improve the C Color experience, improve the serving of advertisements, or for other similar purposes. The use and disclosure of such anonymized, non-personally identifiable, or aggregated information is not subject to any restrictions under this policy.
Our information sharing with third-parties generally fall into these categories and purposes:
- Agents, Contractors, and Service Providers: We may share your information with our agents, e-commerce partners, and contractors or other service providers as needed to carry out the performance and functionality of the Site, fulfill your requests or authorized commercial transactions, process your payments, or provide customer support.
- Analytics and Usage: We may share user information in de-identified or aggregate form, with third parties, such as advertisers, professionals, and other businesses.
- Business Transfers: If we are acquired by or merged with another entity, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected about you to the other company. We may also disclose certain personal information to a company as part of the planning or review for a potential merger, acquisition or transfer of assets.
- Investigations: We may investigate and disclose information from or about you, as permitted by applicable law, if we believe that such investigation or disclosure is (a) necessary to comply with legal process and law enforcement instructions and orders, such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, judicial proceeding, or other legal process served on us; (b) helpful to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with the Site; or (c) helpful to protect our rights, reputation, property, or that of our users, subsidiaries, or the public.
4. C Color Communications
When you join the C Color Platform by signing up for an account or creating a profile, as part of the service you will receive C Color communications about the offerings and features on the Site. As permitted by law, you are also opting to receive other emails from us that may be of interest to you as a member of the C Color community. If you opt-out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you transactional e-mails about your account or any services you have requested or received from us.
5. Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
You may opt-out of tracking by third parties for certain advertising purposes, which can help you control targeted advertising by third-parties that track your activities across sites. It may be possible to disable certain Cookies through your device or browser settings. The method for disabling cookies may vary by device and browser, but can usually be found in preferences or security settings. If you are not comfortable with the above uses of Cookies, please do not use this Site.
Do-Not-Track Signals. Please note we do not change system behavior within the Site in response to browser requests not to be tracked. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies or opting out of ad networks).
6. Third Party Advertising
As noted, we work with third parties such as network advertisers to serve advertisements on third-party websites or other media. We also may work with third parties to display ads on our Site.
You can also opt-out of receiving behaviorally-targeted ads from many companies via the consumer choice tools created under self-regulation programs in many countries, such as the US-based aboutads.info choices page or the EU-based http://www.youronlinechoices.com.
Opting out from one or more companies listed on the respective opt out pages noted above, will opt you out from those companies’ delivery of interest-based content or ads to you based upon your activities on multiple websites, but it does not mean you will no longer receive any advertising through our Site or on other websites. You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing (i.e., contextually based ads). Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies, or you subsequently delete your cookies, your opt out may not be effective. Additional information is available on the websites listed above.
7. Account Termination and Data Retention.
The Site is intended for general audiences and is not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will take steps to remove such information and terminate the child’s account.
We have implemented security safeguards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or via mobile device, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure – so we cannot guarantee its absolute security. You should take certain steps to protect your account and personal information as well, such as by choosing a strong password and keeping such password private, and logging out of your account when you are finished using it.
10. International Transfers of Personal Information.
While C Color is headquartered in the United States, it may partner with affiliates abroad. This means that we may collect your personal information from, transfer it to, and store and process it in the United States and other countries outside of where you live. Data protection laws differ among jurisdictions; and the United States and these other jurisdictions may not provide the same level of protection for personal information as your jurisdiction of residence. You understand that your information may be stored in or accessed from the United States and these other jurisdictions. You understand that, law enforcement agencies in the United States and these other jurisdictions may access and use your information for the purposes of investigation and law enforcement. By using our Site, you consent to the transfer and use of your information to the U.S. and other jurisdictions, as set forth in this paragraph.
11. Links to Other Sites.
13. Contact Us
Last Updated 2017-10-06