Collecting Personal Information
- Examples of Personal Information collected: device type, version of web browser, IP address, time zone, cookie information, what sites or products you view, search terms, and how you interact with the Site.
- Purpose of collection: to load the Site accurately for you and to perform analytics on Site usage to optimize our Site.
- Source of collection: Collected automatically when you access our Site using cookies, log files, web beacons, tags, or pixels.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: Our subsidiaries and affiliates; Service providers such as Shopify; Our Business Partners, PayPal; Our Payment Processor, HubSpot; Our Customer Relationship Management Software, Facebook and Google Analytics.
- Examples of Personal Information collected: order information, name, billing address, phone number, payment information, including credit card numbers, email address, and phone number.
- Purpose of collection: to provide products or services to you to fulfill our contract, to process your payment information, and provide you with invoices and/or order confirmations, communicate with you, screen our orders for potential risk or fraud and when in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- Source of collection: collected during the ordering process.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: Our subsidiaries and affiliates; Service providers such as Shopify; Our Business Partners, PayPal; Our Payment Processor, HubSpot; Our Customer Relationship Management Software.
Customer Support Information
- Examples of Personal Information collected: order information, name, billing address, email address, telephone number, your device type, your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browsing information, or other unique identifier.
- Purpose of collection: to provide customer support.
- Source of collection: collected from you.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: Service Providers, such as HubSpot; Our Customer Relationship Management Software, and PayPal; Our Payment Processor.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 13. We do not intentionally collect Personal Information from children. If you are the parent or guardian and believe your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us at the address below to request deletion.
Sharing Personal Information
We share your Personal Information with service providers to help us provide our services and fulfill our contracts with you, as described above. For example:
- We utilize Shopify to power our online store. Read more about how Shopify utilizes your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
- We utilize PayPal to process online payments when you purchase from our store. Read further regarding PayPal’s utilization of your Personal Information here: https://www.paypal.com/us/legalhub/privacy-full.
- We may share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
We may also share your Personal Information, if necessary, to: (1) comply with domestic and foreign laws; (2) comply with a civil, criminal, or regulatory inquiry, investigation, subpoena, or summons by domestic and foreign authorities; (3) cooperate with law enforcement agencies concerning conduct or activity that we reasonably and in good faith believe may violate domestic and foreign laws; or (4) exercise or defend legal claims.
As described above, we may utilize your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you. For example:
- We utilize Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers utilize the Site. You can read more about how Google utilizes your Personal Information here: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- We also utilize HubSpot to send marketing emails to our customers relating to products or services that we offer.
- We share information about your utilization of the Site, your purchases, and your interaction with our ads on other websites. We collect and share some of this information directly with our advertising partners, and, in some cases, through the utilization of cookies or other similar technologies (which you may consent to, depending on your location).
For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at: http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
- FACEBOOK – https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- GOOGLE – https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- HUBSPOT- https://preferences.hubspot.com/privacy
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Using Personal Information
We utilize your Personal Information to provide our services to you, which include offering products for sale, processing payments, fulfillment of your order, and keeping you up to date on new products, services, and offers. The personal data we collect helps us address your needs, provide our Services, and carry out our business and legal obligations. Specifically, the personal data we collect enables us to: (1) provide our Services; (2) operate, maintain, and improve the quality of our Services; (3) communicate with you by postal mail, e-mail, and/or phone about our Services; (4) to carry out other purposes that are described to you at the time the information is collected; and (5) as otherwise required by law.
Pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), if you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we process your personal information under the following lawful bases:
- Your consent;
- The performance of the contract between you and the Site;
- Compliance with our legal obligations;
- To protect your vital interests;
- To perform a task carried out in the public interest;
- For our legitimate interests, which do not override your fundamental rights and freedoms.
Your personal data will be retained for the time required to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected and processed, including internal research, or as otherwise specified at the time of collection. Our retention policy applies to the following categories of personal data: name, address, email address, telephone number, your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browsing information and history while using our Services, Website account information (including usernames and passwords), and employment information (including job position/role if applicable).
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to object to processing based solely on automated decision-making (which includes profiling), when that decision-making has a legal effect on you or otherwise significantly affects you. We do not engage in fully automated decision-making that has a legal or otherwise significant effect using customer data.
Our processor, Shopify, utilizes limited automated decision-making to prevent fraud that does not have a legal or otherwise significant effect on you.
Services that include elements of automated decision-making include:
- Temporary denylist of IP addresses associated with repeated failed transactions. This denylist persists for a small number of hours.
- Temporary denylist of credit cards associated with denylisted IP addresses. This denylist persists for a small number of days.
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you, to port it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us through the contact information below.
Your Personal Information will be initially processed in Ireland and then will be transferred outside of Europe for storage and further processing, including to Canada and the United States. For more information on how data transfers comply with the GDPR, see Shopify’s GDPR Whitepaper: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/your-account/privacy/GDPR.
If you are a resident of California, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you (also known as the ‘Right to Know’), to port it to a new service and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us through the contact information below.
If you would like to designate an authorized agent to submit these requests on your behalf, please contact us at the address below.
RIGHT TO REQUEST PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
- The categories and specific pieces of personal data we may have collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which we may have collected your personal data.
- The business or commercial purpose why we may have collected your personal data.
- The categories of third parties with whom we may have shared your personal data.
- The categories of personal data that we may have shared with third parties about you for a business purpose.
RIGHT TO CORRECT INACCURACIES
You may also have the right to request that we rectify (correct, update, or modify) inaccurate personal data we may have collected or maintained about you. You may exercise your rights by reaching us at the contact information described below. Once we receive your request and verify your identity, we will let you know what, if any, personal data we can rectify from our records.
RIGHT TO OPT OUT OF DATA SHARING
You may also have the right to opt out of having your personal data shared with a third party. You may exercise your rights by reaching us at the contact information described below.
RIGHT TO HAVE INFORMATION DELETED
You may also have the right to request that we delete what personal data we may have collected or maintained about you. Once we receive your request, we will let you know what, if any, personal data that we can delete from our records.
There may be circumstances where we cannot delete your personal data. Some of these instances include, but are not limited to, if we need to: (1) retain your personal data to complete a transaction, provide a good or service, fulfill the terms of a written warranty, or to perform under a contract between us; (2) detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for that activity; (3) debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality; (4) exercise free speech or ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right to free speech; (5) comply with the law; and (6) utilize your personal data for internal and lawful purposes.
A cookie is a small amount of information that is downloaded to your computer or device when you visit our Site. We utilize a number of different cookies, including functional, performance, advertising and social media or content cookies. Cookies improve your browsing experience by allowing the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login and region selection). This means that you do not have to re-enter this information each time that you return to the site or browse from one page to another. Cookies also provide information on how people utilize the website, for instance whether it is their first time visiting or if they are a frequent visitor.
The length of time that a cookie remains on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies last until you stop browsing, and persistent cookies last until they expire or are deleted. Most of the cookies we utilize are persistent and will expire between 30 minutes and two years from the date they are downloaded to your device.
You can control and manage cookies in various ways. Please keep in mind that removing or blocking cookies can negatively impact your user experience and parts of our website may no longer be fully accessible.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose whether or not to accept cookies through your browser controls, often found in your browser’s “Tools” or “Preferences” menu. For more information on how to modify your browser settings or how to block, manage, or filter cookies can be found in your browser’s help file or through such sites as www.allaboutcookies.org.
Additionally, please note that blocking cookies may not completely prevent how we share information with third parties, such as our advertising partners. To exercise your rights or opt-out of certain utilizations of your information by these parties, please follow the instructions in the “Behavioral Advertising” section above.
Do Not Track
Please note that we do not utilize technology that recognizes and complies with a “do not track” signal from a web browser.
For more information about our privacy practices, or questions or concerns, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below:
C Color, LLC, 120 Tustin Avenue, Suite C #226, Newport Beach, CA 92663, United States
Last updated: May 2023